Excerpt
“So you made it yourself?”
“Well I bought the parts at the thrift store, and assembled it by myself”
“It’s awesome.”
“I was hoping you’d like it.”
“Simon…you really surprise me.”
Simon cocked his head to the side and a smirk crept across his face “Oh yeah?”
“You’re just…you’re not what I expect.”
“Expect from what?”
She paused for quite a while, looking Simon in the eye and making his pulse beat irregularly. “ I don’t know how to describe it….it’s like I look at the things I know about you and what they should add up to, and you’re so dramatically different from that sum that I’m curious as to what the other factors are that I’m missing.”
“Are you turning into a personality math nerd on me?”
Rachel smiled, “Maybe…why, you got something against nerds?”
“No…Personalities.”
“Oh, of course.”
“Well I bought the parts at the thrift store, and assembled it by myself”
“It’s awesome.”
“I was hoping you’d like it.”
“Simon…you really surprise me.”
Simon cocked his head to the side and a smirk crept across his face “Oh yeah?”
“You’re just…you’re not what I expect.”
“Expect from what?”
She paused for quite a while, looking Simon in the eye and making his pulse beat irregularly. “ I don’t know how to describe it….it’s like I look at the things I know about you and what they should add up to, and you’re so dramatically different from that sum that I’m curious as to what the other factors are that I’m missing.”
“Are you turning into a personality math nerd on me?”
Rachel smiled, “Maybe…why, you got something against nerds?”
“No…Personalities.”
“Oh, of course.”

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home