Some more thinking on the last post
So I've read over my last post, and it "looks" as if I don't take the situation seriously, or understand the gravity of it. But I think I do understand, at least as much as someone that it's not actually happening to CAN understand. But I guess, like most things in life, my brain takes over with the belief that it is only worth agonizing over the things in life that you can control...the rest you just have to develop a sense of humor about.
I'm sure that when I'm not around she has probably been suffering and has cried over her problems, and if that's how she feels when I'm around, she's certainly welcome to express that, but I have read, and tend to believe that distraction, and keeping moving really can help people from sinking into depression, and that thinking about your problems and dwelling on the unhappy/stressful aspects actually has the opposite effect...and I'm happy to provide that happy distraction.
I think Simon would see all of this differently, he would almost look forward to death or even the possibility of imminent death , as an opportunity for observation and exploration. He would want to be there for a person, but with an almost selfish intent--that he could learn more about what the experience of knowing you're dying or fighting death feels like emotionally and physically . He would probably ask lots of questions and sound sympathetic even while he treasures this intimacy-by-proxie with death.
I'm sure that when I'm not around she has probably been suffering and has cried over her problems, and if that's how she feels when I'm around, she's certainly welcome to express that, but I have read, and tend to believe that distraction, and keeping moving really can help people from sinking into depression, and that thinking about your problems and dwelling on the unhappy/stressful aspects actually has the opposite effect...and I'm happy to provide that happy distraction.
I think Simon would see all of this differently, he would almost look forward to death or even the possibility of imminent death , as an opportunity for observation and exploration. He would want to be there for a person, but with an almost selfish intent--that he could learn more about what the experience of knowing you're dying or fighting death feels like emotionally and physically . He would probably ask lots of questions and sound sympathetic even while he treasures this intimacy-by-proxie with death.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home