Thursday, July 06, 2006

Reading blogs at work? Click to escape to a suitable site!
MORNING FROM HELL!


I got a speeding ticket last week. I realized Friday that that means I have no driver's license--which becomes a problem when travelling outside the US with no valid passport. SOOOooooo I have to go pay my ticket IN PERSON. So I go to do that this morning.

Now when I got the ticket I was a little pissed because I was only going over the speed limit by 9 miles an hour ....I was going 54 in a 45....and the cop was wrong about the speed limit and thought it was 35, as he wrote on the ticket. I figured if I went to court the judge would just say "well, your were still speeding, pay the fine" so I determined it didn't make a difference whether I was going 9 or 19 mi over as far as fines go, and I'd just pay it.

I haul my exhausted self out of bed at way too early an hour so that I can get there, get back and still make it to work on time. I wait 20 minutes for a bus that is supposed to come every ten minutes. I hike across downtown. I get to the building and the x-ray machine shows my digital camera in my purse. The guy tells me I can't bring it in, but if I walk around the building and go downstairs they will hold it for me. I do so. They won't hold it for me. They suggest that I must know someone in downtown who can hold it for me, or have a car or something. I don't. I walk outside and try to think. My roommate is 20 minutes away and my cell phone only has one bar on it, so I probably couldn't even call her. I decide to visit my old temp agency (almost 3 yrs ago I worked for them) since they are only a few blocks away. I show up and they say I look familiar. I ask them for an odd favor. They agree. I go back to the Court building

I wait in line. I get someone to help me. She disappears for 10 minutes and I read the screen. It said I was going 54 in a [B][I][U]30!!![/U][/I][/B] mph zone. ...Now this is a HUGE road and there is no way that ANY portion of it is 30, and this puts me in the 21-35 mph over the speed limit range that charges WAY more money for a ticket....and I was only going [B][I][U]NINE[/U][/I][/B] mph over!!!!

So I finally get this ladies attention and she says she can't do anything about it, and I will have to go to court to settle it. I tell her I can't wait for that, that I need my license because I'm headed to Canada on Friday.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home